Friday 19 June 2015

“Little girls soften their daddies hearts”

I remember it so clear after the long hard labour that Kirsty experienced and we finally went in to hospital and she was dilated enough to start the process. It wasn’t as smooth as we hoped but we never liked to keep it simple! We were rushed to theatre and the spinal anaesthetic was given to Kirsty and the pain alleviated and she was happy, and after two failed ventouse attempts, the operation began. There was still that doubt in my mind that this wasn't real, something was going to happen that would take my little girl away from me and my heart was beating through my chest.




Then at 01.37 in the morning of the 27th of March the most amazing thing happened to me, they pulled my daughter from the love of my life's belly and held her in the air so we could catch a glimpse and I felt like I floated in the air with her. They took her to the incubator to wrap her up and I came across and I touched her little tiny toes, in disbelief maybe, but nonetheless I will always remember stroking her little left foot knowing that this little girl is here in the world now and she needs me to take care of her, guide her, protect her, soothe her, feed her and love her for as long as I am on this earth, it was amazing and a feeling I will never ever lose from my memories and a feeling that could probably never be matched ever again.

We spent time in the hospital due to Sophia’s chicken pox and she was the bravest little baby girl, she never let anything get to her (and she never really has done since) and I am sure her mum and dad were a lot more worried than she was. This time brought me and Kirsty closer together, we had to be there for each other on this emotional roller coaster and we were! I remember when they moved us to paediatric ICU and we had a family bed which me and Kirsty could cuddle on that night and that was the best and most tiresome cuddle we ever had and I reached across expecting to feel that big baby bump but it was gone, our baby bump was laying on the other side of me in her little bed, breathing peacefully, I went to sleep with a smile that night.

This post was an experimental thing that Kirsty wanted to try so people could see something from the male point of view throughout the whole baby experience, and I told you the story of Sophia’s arrival under the title “little girls soften their daddies heart” because since that experience and since having her in my life she has taught me how to love on a deeper level than I ever thought was possible, she has unlocked a part of me which makes me appreciate not only Sophia but my mum,dad, my family and Kirsty. Personally, I cant wait to do it all over again! (although Kirsty may need some convincing).

I never wish the time away but I look forward to our future together as a family.

Gavin
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Teeny Family | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig