Wednesday 24 June 2015

5 tips for getting through the poorlyness

I've been sick lots. Lasting various amounts of time, up to weeks when pregnant, finally caving with meds. But there seems to be nothing worse than being poorly and having a baby. Anyone who has children knows how deeply tiring it is to look after them and in my case she isn't even moving yet! Whoever said when they sleep you should sleep is crazy! If we did there wouldn't be a clean plate in sight! The floor would be covered in nappies and food and toys. There would be no clean clothing and your straight hair would somehow turn into a frizzy perm tangled ball that had NEVER been brushed. Even when you do try to sleep their every breath will wake you up. Somehow they can wake scream and fall back asleep. It must be to keep us on are toes! I've been sick for 3 days so far, here's 5 things that have got me through-

1. Take the help - Gav has been off work for 2/3 days so far and he has taken Soph out of the house on one day and looked after her on the other day while I went to bed or spent time alone. My mum came down on the 3rd time after I asked her to look after her for a few hours while I went back to bed again. I hate asking for help. I don't know if i'm alone but getting to take maternity leave and stay at home with her makes me feel like it's lazy to pass her off unless I need to! However I know that without resting it will take me twice as long to get better and that's twice as long I can't do everything as normal for her.



2. Take the medicine - I am definitely one of those annoying people who won't take anything unless I feel like I could be dying. This time I switched between paracetamol and beechams tablets (basically the same thing) every 4 hours. The first reason is to get better sooner and the second is to feel as good as possible so that I can be in a better mood when i'm around my family. Also being pregnant and having flu and being able to take NOTHING really makes you appreciate paracetamol so much hah.

3. Hydrate yourself - Water and juice will keep a sore throat feeling as good as it possibly can do and will keep you feeling perky!

4. Get up and get dressed - I would only say do this when your starting to feel a little better. If your spewing up then forget it. But if your sniffly with a bit of headache, get out of your pj's and brush your hair and slap on your make up. Getting dressed and showered will make you feel refreshed even if your relaxing at home.

5. Take some time off - I've been trying to really keep up to blogging since starting a month ago. Instagram has also weirdly become a big part of my life. I'm constantly posting pictures and looking at everyone else's. I'm clinically obsessed. I decided to calm down and do nothing when I got sick, getting up was stressing me out so going online really wasn't going to happen. Taking a couple of days off really makes you appreciate how much you enjoy something as well. I was getting a little tired with everything and just having three days has really renewed my interest in blogging.

What are your best suggestions?

Kirsty
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Teeny Family | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig