Sunday 24 May 2015

Getting me back #1 - Body

I've decided this as a new series in posts that I will do once in whenever seems relevant or every week if I can. It's called 'getting me back' as it's something I'm currently struggling with as a new mum.

(39 weeks pregnant + 8 weeks postpartum)

Becoming a mum is something I never thought would actually happen. Up until two years ago it's something I didn't actually want, I have a small family and I've really not been around kids unless they are the same age as myself or similar. One day something just clicked in my head and it was all I could think about, to have a family of my own. It really is the best decision we ever made, but now I'm recovered from the c-section I find myself daily thinking about the changes to my body and how I wish I could just change it back with a click of my fingers. I've never been the most confident person in the world, but now I'm 8 weeks postpartum and I really wish I had been more confident pre-pregnancy. 


I really want to make a change in my thinking, be more positive and take action. How can I complain if I'm not doing anything about it. Here are a few items I'm planning on using...

1. Palmers stretchmark cream. 
The envitable happened, I got to 40 weeks with few and far between marks and then from 40+1 each day I gained more marks and a rounder tum! Especially by the end of my pregnancy I really kept up to moisturising but it just didn't make a difference. The marks could defiantly be worse, but it doesn't mean I don't want to get rid of them any less.

2. Bubble bath.
A good bubble bath won't do much, but the relaxation will keep you in a good mood. You'll think clearer, feel better and be more refreshed and therefore be more energised to do more wether that's exercise, moisturising, doing your hair or make-up for the day. 

3. Shaving!
Throughout my pregnancy I heard a lot about different ladies giving up shaving at some point because of the large bump! This was not the case for myself. The worst thing I could think of was giving birth with hair all over! There was no way I was giving it up! I shaved my legs twice during my two days of labour! Post pregnancy is a different matter! When do you get the time to shower? Never mind shave in the shower. I honestly think this is a such an important thing to do for yourself. I feel so much better after and why bother moisturising your legs if there looking like a bears legs. Use it as motivation!

4. Nail polish.
Lastly, nail polish. I'm not referencing fingernails here, just toe nails. Fingernail Polish is bloody hard work. It chips, it looks messy and with an 8 week old baby I just don't have the time to keep doing it. Nail Polish is easily done, you can carry on doing chores afterwards, and it stays on longer! 

I hope this helped some other people as well as myself. Taking the time to do some things for myself feels like the right way to start off this journey! 
Kirsty
X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Teeny Family | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig