Friday 29 May 2015

Sophia's 2 month update!

Wow! So this is Sophia's two month update! This month has flown by. The first month was a scary month, everything was so new and we were scared about everything little thing. By two months I feel so much more comfortable with Sophia now. I know she recognizes me. I get smiles in the mornings, we all enjoy her bath time. We even went swimming for the first time together and apart from the initial scary getting ready to go in moment it was great!





Weight -
Sophia now weighs around 11 pounds. She was weighed a week and a half ago and was 11 pound then so more than likely closer to 12 pound now.



Food -
Soph has really started to improve in finishing her bottles now. She still likes to snack her way through the day about 50% of the time. The other half she will do 5oz every four hours. In the morning she will have 6oz as she sleeps through the night now.


Sleep -
From around a week and a half ago, Sophia started to sleep through the night! On the first night we thought it had to be a fluke. Before this started she was going to sleep at half 7, waking up at 2am for a feed (this gradually turned to 3am) then waking for the day at half 5am. Now we do her routine at around 7pm as always, she is asleep by about half 7, she will sleep through till half 5 although this is stretching out as well and seems to be turning into 6-630am. I've not enjoyed this full stretch of sleep yet! I keep waking at half 2 expecting her to already be crying for a bottle. Hopefully my brain will switch off soon so I can make the most of this in case it changes!


Clothing -
Still in are 0-3 clothing. Barely using the 0-3 sleep suits, they are just so short on her! I've just put her newborn clothing on eBay. I know some people find it hard and get attached to clothing but I would prefer the room for more clothing for her. The only attachment to things I have are a sleepsuit that Gavin purchased when we first found out I was pregnant, and her hospital blanket and hat I really love those.



Development -
We have a lot of smiles! They kicked in at around 6 weeks old. Now we wake up to them every morning, she smiles at the tv, her toys, her bath time splashes and sometimes even the corner of the room haha. She gets louder every day! My favorite sound is her little squeal she does when excited, I think it's the start of her learning to laugh. I left her on her play mat while I was on my ipad the other day and looked up to see her on her side trying to roll over. I was really excited but unfortunately she hasn't attempted it since awhh. Toys are starting to get some notice taken of them now, she stares intently at them and has started to try grabbing them. Sometimes it's a grab, sometimes she just hits them! Seeing her focusing on things has been one of my favorite developments so far, it just shows me how much she is really changing. She also follows her toys and sometimes sounds. She still prefers to sit / stand up.

Each month is more exciting and I can't wait to write and read her 3 month update.
Kirsty
x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Teeny Family | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig