Saturday 23 May 2015

Things I wish we took to hospital!



Today i've decided to do a post on the things I wish I had taken to hospital. Of course this wont apply to everyone, we all have a different experience and this is just how mine worked out and the bits that I feel could of helped. If you're interested in reading click read more for details ...






The first item is sleepsuits. The reason i've added this to the list is plainly because we didn't take or buy enough. The first week of her life was a constant sick cleaning job and she needed to be changed 3 to 4 times a day. We took around 2 of each size into hospital, which lasted around a day!  


The jogging bottoms are on the list as i had to wear comfy pants due to having a c-section. Anything with a tight or low waistband was also out of question as it would rub on the scar. I ended up wearing Gavin's spare joggers.


An awkward one but a must! Your belly is still going to be sore and fairly big / swollen. It is so important to buy some large and high waisted pants. It is really uncomfortable wearing too tight or low pants for a while. I actually cut the elastic on some cheap pants that I had bought for the hospital as I knew I was throwing them away after I left.


If you are going to breastfeed I swear these are a godsend. Breastfeeding is hard work on those arms when you are first learning and tired from giving birth. I personally struggled with positioning the baby to breastfeed quite a lot. When we moved to the neonatal ward we were put in a wonderful family room and there was a breastfeeding pillow there. I tried it straightaway and it made my life 100% easier. The baby was at the correct level to feed and I could relax more. We ordered the above pillow while still in hospital! Although i'm not breastfeeding anymore the pillow can still be used to help babies learn to sit up and for tummy time and we will probably save the pillow for future children. 


This item is more to do with are birth experience. Because Sophia had a drip in her arm three times a day it was really hard to get anything on her. The drip was in and out but she had a canular permanently in her arm which was quite large. My mum bought these for us on a shop run and they were great. Really easy to slip over her arm even with everything going on.


This ones a vain one! Some people want mascara some foundation. Me? I need eyebrows and I really really regretted not taking something to hospital. In all honesty I thought we would be there for a day or two and that would have been fine. But by the end by god was it bugging me!


Wow did I underestimate the need for these! I could of used a full blanket sized cloth!

Is there anything you wish you had for your experience?
Kirsty x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Teeny Family | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig